Originally posted by RanAS
I've been worried about something recently, well, in actuality a few things are bothering me but I'll just talk about this one. There's a specific game I have on my Steam library that I bought about 9 months ago and never played, and it feels weird to me that I never played it all this time. It's Undertale.
This isn't because of a lack of time, since I beat VVVVVV twice a little while ago, and also played through a lot more games (specially Mario Party, which I'll probably need a break from to be honest). I also have heard people praise this game a ton before, so of course I was interested in playing it...but I never found myself actually taking the time to play it. I feel almost burned out and tired of it to be honest. It's everywhere and everyone has talked about it.
I need to find some motivation to play it sometime, because this situation feels way too weird to me.
except, i did something more egregious—i bought the game, played it about halfway & then never finished.
i'll laugh at Undertale references + such ("lol i also love sans") but something was just stopping me from finishing that game.
it's like how i:
- stopped playing Tales of Phantasia or Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story right before the last boss, or
- started season 2 of Orange Is the New Black & then got up & walked away never to look at/think about it again, or
- got to the part of Infinite Jest that was supposed to be the start of it getting easy & then just put it down
- still have yet to finish Earthbound, even though i tell people it's my favorite game of all time b/c it is just such a conceptually cool entity, something which Itoi much more summoned than wrote
- am still working on the first Moomin book, lol
& i hate to say this, but i think i'll finish Infinite Jest before i finish Undertale, b/c i have a commitment to finish that as well as Earthbound, but i'm pretty sure i can go the rest of my life w/o knowing what happens in Undertale at all.
|things i'll finish||things i won't finish|
|Earthbound, Infinite Jest, Comet in Moominland, Kafka on the Shore, Twin Peaks||Orange Is the New Black, Tales of Phantasia, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Undertale, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Moby Dick|