Register - Login
Views: 95188584
Main - Memberlist - Active users - Calendar - Wiki - IRC Chat - Online users
Ranks - Rules/FAQ - Stats - Latest Posts - Color Chart - Smilies
09-22-18 05:03:49 PM

Jul - General Game/ROM Hacking - Etrian Odyssey hacking (EO1 & 4) New poll - New thread - New reply
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6Next newer thread | Next older thread
x1facepalmcombo
Random nobody
Level: 3


Posts: 2/2
EXP: 77
For next: 51

Since: 09-03-16


Since last post: 2.0 years
Last activity: 2.0 years

Posted on 09-03-16 01:12:01 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by x1facepalmcombo
Is there any chance you might make a mobile version of yggdrasil? I dont own a computer but would really like to try it out...

Nvm i meant tharsis
StapleButter
Member
Level: 42


Posts: 348/491
EXP: 490919
For next: 30443

Since: 02-24-13

From: your dreams

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 8 hours

Posted on 09-03-16 01:36:08 PM Link | Quote
smartphone =/= computer
skyu

Level: 17


Posts: 63/90
EXP: 24640
For next: 103

Since: 06-11-16

From: a grave

Since last post: 275 days
Last activity: 89 days

Posted on 09-03-16 02:26:01 PM Link | Quote
i don't think smartphones are able to handle programs like this
xdaniel
760
Level: 55


Posts: 635/764
EXP: 1263390
For next: 50799

Since: 12-04-08

Pronouns: he/him
From: Germany

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 26 min.

Posted on 09-03-16 07:44:21 PM Link | Quote
A mobile version of a program, that converts various video game file formats to other, more common formats...? Aside from not knowing how to code for Android, iOS or Windows Mobile, I really don't see the point in making one. How'd you get the game's files onto your phone or tablet? What would you do with them on the phone/tablet once converted? For stuff like this, you really do need a computer.
dbg_01

Shyguy
Level: 19


Posts: 78/94
EXP: 34576
For next: 1201

Since: 10-14-14


Since last post: 90 days
Last activity: 72 days

Posted on 09-24-16 01:27:17 PM (last edited by dbg_01 at 09-27-16 12:50:45 PM) Link | Quote
Hi! Anybody interested in the beta dlc for smt4 and smt4a? I got them work finaly))
amiboss
Random nobody
Level: 2


Posts: 1/1
EXP: 24
For next: 22

Since: 01-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 01-16-17 11:03:24 AM Link | Quote
Tharsis and UntoldUnpacker works fine for Etrian Odyssey V (世界樹の迷宮V:長き神話の果て, Sekaijuu no Meikyuu 5: Nagaki Shinwa no Hate), as well as it's DLCs. The FM-style music no longer uses a 'synth' made me a little sad though...
By the way, is there any progress on the repacking of HP* archives?
Kles

Level: 84


Posts: 1911/1938
EXP: 5449171
For next: 212781

Since: 07-23-07


Since last post: 18 days
Last activity: 18 hours

Posted on 01-16-17 11:52:04 PM (last edited by Kles at 01-17-17 05:40:14 AM) Link | Quote
Is there a binary for Yggdrasil around?
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 1/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-16-17 01:23:37 PM (last edited by SirPrimalform at 02-16-17 01:26:24 PM) Link | Quote
Originally posted by Kles
Is there a binary for Yggdrasil around?


Also wondering this, hoping I'll be able to fix the infamous bugged pearl.

Originally posted by amiboss
The FM-style music no longer uses a 'synth' made me a little sad though...


Was is ever actually being synthesised in real time? Was under the impression the older games used samples generated by FM-synthesis in a soundfonty kind of way. I guess you mean that the FM DLC in the new one is streaming audio?
xdaniel
760
Level: 55


Posts: 644/764
EXP: 1263390
For next: 50799

Since: 12-04-08

Pronouns: he/him
From: Germany

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 26 min.

Posted on 02-16-17 04:08:34 PM Link | Quote
amiboss: Repacking isn't planned, in part because my tools have mostly been for datamining purposes (tho that's been changing, considering Scarlet), but also because there's some parts of the format I had never worked out, that I'm guessing would be necessary to produce a fully functioning archive. Maybe that'll change, but I'm not sure yet.

Kles, SirPrimalform: I never got to the point where I was "comfortable" posting a build, but having looked over the project again earlier, I could've probably made one at some point after item and enemy editing was implemented...
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 2/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-16-17 09:55:38 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by xdaniel
Kles, SirPrimalform: I never got to the point where I was "comfortable" posting a build, but having looked over the project again earlier, I could've probably made one at some point after item and enemy editing was implemented...



How fully featured was the item editing? There's a bugged quest that doesn't remove a pearl from your inventory after completion. The pearl is unsellable and can't be thrown away meaning that you're stuck with it forever. I'm hoping to edit it into being sellable or something.
xdaniel
760
Level: 55


Posts: 645/764
EXP: 1263390
For next: 50799

Since: 12-04-08

Pronouns: he/him
From: Germany

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 26 min.

Posted on 02-17-17 12:20:32 AM Link | Quote
Every item property can be changed but not everything is documented, meaning there's several fields labeled as "unknown".

So, for that pearl to ex. be sellable, you'll need to 1) set the sell price, i.e. how much en you'll get back when selling it at Shilleka's, and 2) in case it doesn't automatically become sellable if you set a price, compare some of the unknown fields in the pearl's data to those in an item that can be sold (say, some materials, or Medica, or something like that). Specifically, there's two unknown fields I was assuming to hold bitflags, one of which might mean "item is sellable", or one might be "is quest item" or something like that. I never really investigated those.

Script/event editing is something I do remember looking into -- like ex. getting obscene amounts of money by just going to a spot on B1F -- but that didn't go beyond some very preliminary research, otherwise I would've suggested trying to edit the quest's script itself to properly remove the pearl.

(Kinda makes me want to get back into hacking EO1, might be something to think about...)
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 3/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-17-17 12:33:02 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by xdaniel
Every item property can be changed but not everything is documented, meaning there's several fields labeled as "unknown".

So, for that pearl to ex. be sellable, you'll need to 1) set the sell price, i.e. how much en you'll get back when selling it at Shilleka's, and 2) in case it doesn't automatically become sellable if you set a price, compare some of the unknown fields in the pearl's data to those in an item that can be sold (say, some materials, or Medica, or something like that). Specifically, there's two unknown fields I was assuming to hold bitflags, one of which might mean "item is sellable", or one might be "is quest item" or something like that. I never really investigated those.

Script/event editing is something I do remember looking into -- like ex. getting obscene amounts of money by just going to a spot on B1F -- but that didn't go beyond some very preliminary research, otherwise I would've suggested trying to edit the quest's script itself to properly remove the pearl.

(Kinda makes me want to get back into hacking EO1, might be something to think about...)



Yeah, I was working on the assumption that it would be easier to make it so there was some way to get rid of the item rather than fix the quest itself - it's also more useful to people who have a save where they've already done the quest and are still stuck with the item. Any chance you could post an as-is build? If not, what exactly do I need to build it? The list of requirements linked to in the readme just loops back to the page I'm already on.
xdaniel
760
Level: 55


Posts: 646/764
EXP: 1263390
For next: 50799

Since: 12-04-08

Pronouns: he/him
From: Germany

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 26 min.

Posted on 02-17-17 12:41:34 AM Link | Quote
Whoops, I had disabled the wiki, along with issues, etc., because the project's unmaintained; the link works now again. Regardless tho, I packed up the last build I made in 2014, which should work fine and not have any hardcoded crap that would depend on my local machine or anything (I tend to do that sometimes for debugging purposes).

If you have any questions on how to use the program feel free to ask, tho it won't be until later today that I'll have the chance to try and answer them.
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 4/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-17-17 01:27:54 AM Link | Quote
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll have a go in the morning, if I discover the meaning of any mystery fields I'll get back to you.
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 5/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-17-17 01:04:10 PM (last edited by SirPrimalform at 02-17-17 01:27:22 PM) Link | Quote
Success!

After adding a sell price of 10en didn't work, I started exploring the flags. I compared the pearl to soft hide and the main differences were in "unknown 5 (flags)".


soft hide = 0x14 = 0001 0100
pearl = 0x0C = 0000 1100



So only two bits difference, not much work to try trial and error. I tried changing 0x0C to 0x04 and it did the trick, so the X in 0000 X000 is the 'sell/discard protection' bit. I didn't bother to find out what the other bit changes as this one did the trick.

Thanks very much for the work you did on EO hacking and for uploading the build!

EDIT: Just a weird thing I noticed - the editor seems to bloat the files. Even before editing, just the act of loading the unpacked files into it increases the size of the folder (I used an external unpacker, but the files were the expected size before Yggdrasil got near it).
xdaniel
760
Level: 55


Posts: 647/764
EXP: 1263390
For next: 50799

Since: 12-04-08

Pronouns: he/him
From: Germany

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 26 min.

Posted on 02-17-17 06:30:23 PM (last edited by xdaniel at 02-17-17 06:30:55 PM) Link | Quote
Nice, great to hear that it worked and that you figured out that flag!

As for the file bloat, to be able to edit the game's data easily, on unpacking/loading the data, the program first decompresses most (if not all) compressed files in the file system, then patches the ARM9 binary slightly to make the game load these decompressed files properly -- see here on Github for the function responsible. That's probably the bloat you're seeing, with ex. the European version's unpacked data going from ~18MB to ~22MB after decompression.
SirPrimalform
Random nobody
Level: 5


Posts: 6/6
EXP: 354
For next: 175

Since: 02-16-17


Since last post: 1.0 years
Last activity: 1.0 years

Posted on 02-17-17 06:58:51 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by xdaniel
Nice, great to hear that it worked and that you figured out that flag!

As for the file bloat, to be able to edit the game's data easily, on unpacking/loading the data, the program first decompresses most (if not all) compressed files in the file system, then patches the ARM9 binary slightly to make the game load these decompressed files properly -- see here on Github for the function responsible. That's probably the bloat you're seeing, with ex. the European version's unpacked data going from ~18MB to ~22MB after decompression.



Ahh, that makes sense. I don't suppose there's currently any automated way of recompressing all the data then as you wouldn't have bothered to patch the binary. Well it doesn't bother me much, after selling the pearl I've moved my save back to the original version.
Siengried
User
Level: 5


Posts: 1/18
EXP: 434
For next: 95

Since: 08-21-18


Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 4 days

Posted on 08-21-18 08:16:05 AM (last edited by Siengried at 08-21-18 08:20:56 AM) Link | Quote
Hi all. I m tring to do a translation patch for EO4. Could you please help me on how to decrypt all that file and found all the text? Or if exist a tool?
Kles

Level: 84


Posts: 1927/1938
EXP: 5449171
For next: 212781

Since: 07-23-07


Since last post: 18 days
Last activity: 18 hours

Posted on 08-21-18 08:44:37 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Siengried
Hi all. I m tring to do a translation patch for EO4. Could you please help me on how to decrypt all that file and found all the text? Or if exist a tool?


You don't need to use UntoldUnpack anymore. You want to use a tool called Kuriimu. This includes a program called Karameru, which can open the HPB/HPI archive and extract the MBM files. You can then use Kuriimu to load those files into the MBM editor and edit them from there. Some of the text is stored in TBL files - I'm not sure if Kuriimu supports editing those. I should probably publish a .TBL file editor at some point...
Siengried
User
Level: 5


Posts: 2/18
EXP: 434
For next: 95

Since: 08-21-18


Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 4 days

Posted on 08-21-18 10:46:20 AM Link | Quote
I used the Kurimu but the text get editet with chinese or japanese text. Why it happens?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6Next newer thread | Next older thread
Jul - General Game/ROM Hacking - Etrian Odyssey hacking (EO1 & 4) New poll - New thread - New reply




Rusted Logic

Acmlmboard - commit 5d36857 [2018-03-03]
©2000-2018 Acmlm, Xkeeper, Inuyasha, et al.

32 database queries, 6 query cache hits.
Query execution time: 0.185992 seconds
Script execution time: 0.029469 seconds
Total render time: 0.215461 seconds
Memory used: 1310720