|That other thread was just a tad long in the tooth.
Minecraft! For anyone who doesn't recall, we have a server up. We're running a hybrid creative/survival server with mods for Minecraft 1.6.4. You'll find everything you need to connect in this post.
The serverJewelcraft is a very permissive and open server, however we do have a few rules and things you need to know. A couple of them will make sense when you learn what mods we use and why.
- Updated to Direwolf20 1.6.4
The RulesLike any good server, we have a few rules to abide by:
- No Griefing, obviously.
- While swearing is allowed, please be moderate in your use of it and at all times act courteously with regard to other players.
- PvP is enabled. Please don't spam-PvP everyone, and remember that you keep your inventory on death in this server.
- Respect other players' work. Don't build ridiculously close or mess with their stuff. This means that if you want to found a settlement, be at least 200 blocks from the edge of another build, unless you've negotiated something closer with the owner of that settlement.
- Respect town rules. Players who have been around a while can found towns and set rules for play in those towns, and those rules, within reason, will be enforced as if they were server rules.
- Buildcraft quarries may only be built underground in the overworld, unless you're using one to clear space for a very large over/underground build and need sufficient work room. In this case you will be responsible for filling in the area around your build afterwards within a timely manner, or it will be filled in for you.
- When a town has been founded as either creative or survival, all construction related to that town must follow the town rules. This includes things like player access to the town, e.g. roads, railways, portals etc.
- An exception to is server infrastructure, like the server-wide metro or road systems
- In the event of abuse of software bugs or exploits I reserve the right to change the rules or disable certain items, removing them from play and from existing inventories. Don't abuse your privileges!
- This server has no provision for a settlement that has not been visited by its owner in a while. Settlements like this are still considered active, and must not be vandalized or stolen from.
ModsYep, we use mods on this here server. 140 of them, to be exact. Obviously, that's a tall order to try and put together yourself, so we've made it easy. Download the Feed the Beast launcher, set it up, and select the Direwolf20 mod pack. Download it, and you're good to go! Join irc://irc.badnik.net/minecraft either in your own IRC client or via the IRC Chat link in the forum header. Since various mods require that the modpack be private, here are the requirements to be linked to it:
Of course, this thread isn't solely about the Minecraft server we run here. Anything Minecraft, this is where to discuss it!